On March 15, it will be held the 10th session of LAB Metadecidim about data visualizations for democratic participation.
Any civic platform should present its information for different reasons: provide relevant information to the participants, facilitate decision-making in complex matters, to ensure the accountability about the decisions adopted, guarantee transparency, etc. The goal of this Metadecidim Lab is to review, propose and discuss the best strategies and free technologies when viewing the Decidim data repository in order to improve democratic participation.
Some of the questions are:
- What opportunities does data visualization offer in the context of citizen participation and radical democracy?
- What data from the Decidim ontology should be presented using visualization tools?
- How can data visualization be used to empower the citizen?
- What are the risks of data visualization in Decidim considering that it is required to preserve citizens’ sensitive information?
- What are the recommended strategies to optimize data visualization and respect participants’ privacy?
- Is there a balance between offering static and descriptive visualizations (reporting) and offering interactive and exploratory visualizations (dashboards)?
- What free data visualization technologies are the most appropriate considering Decidim’s open license?
- Given the participatory nature of the Metadecidim community, what collaborative methodologies exist for data visualization?
It has been considered strategic to hold a work session about the visualization of data because advanced features for data visualization are going to be incorporated in Decidim, and because the specification of the ontology of the platform is being completed.
- Date: Thursday, March 15th
- Time: 10:00 – 14:00 CEST
- Place: Fabra i Coats Fàbrica de Creació. Carrer de Sant Adrià, 20, 08030 Barcelona. Tercera planta
- Registration and Program