Phd in Communication, Technologies and Society by Sapienza University of Rome (Dec. 2016). Title of the dissertation: “Participation and Web 2.0: Rhetoric or reality? A research in the province of Barcelona”. Degree in Business Economics and specialization in Business Management and Marketing, by the University of Barcelona.
Marta is currently working in CN&SC in the Decidim Project, the Barcelona’s Council participation platform for democracy.
She is interested in research and practices in the fields of communication, ICT applied to the public administration, citizen participation and technopolitics.
She has more than 20 years of experience, 11 of them in the public sector, as a project manager, consultant and head in the fields of communication, media, public relations, use of ICT and Public Administration.
Among her professional experiences, it stands out her work in Localret (2002 – 2012), the Consortium of Catalan local government bodies for the development of telecommunication infrastructure and the Information Society, where she coordinated projects such as strategic plans to develop the information society in the municipalities through participatory processes and European projects.
Besides, she has been associated professor of Business and Corporate Strategy in the Autonomous University of Barcelona (2002 – 2004).
- Almela Salvador, M. (2016). Partecipazione e web 2.0: retorica o realtà? Una ricerca nella provincia di Barcellona.
- Almela Salvador, M. (2017). Infrastrutture digitali democratiche per la partecipazione dei cittadini: la piattaforma decidim.barcelona Forum PA (online article).
- Almela Salvador, M. (2014). Barcelona: actions and strategies to become a Smart City. Interview to Ramon Ferrer i Escoda. Comunicazionepuntodoc, 10, pp. 149-163, ISSN 2282-0140.
- Almela Salvador, M. (2014). Passi avanti per l’Italia in e-government ed e-Participation: United Nations e-Government Survey 2014. Forum PA (online article).
Other editorial and research experiences:
- Participant in the editorial coordination of Comunicazionepuntodoc (journal of the doctorate school Mediatrends of Sapienza Università di Roma), 2013-2014.
- Report Scienze.com 2012-2013: Comunicazione in alto mare. Dati e coordinate di rotta. Participant in a research group for the elaboration of a report to monitor and evaluate the supply and demand of Italian bachelor and master degrees in communication.