Stemming from an interview published by the Open University of Catalonia, CNSC researcher Andrea Rosales was featured in several local and national news outlets to talk about older people and video games. Basing her analysis on data from two competitive research projects, Andrea asserts that, contrary to popular beliefs, a significant proportion of older people are casual gamers on their mobile phones. In the case of Spain, this proportion goes between 17% and 19% of the older people that are Internet users, playing on average a little over than an hour every day. Check out the full interview, and some of the replications in other media, in the links section below.
- “The over-55s play video games too”
- “Els videojocs són una manera de connectar amb els fills i els nets” (in Catalan)
- Los videojuegos… ¿solo cosa de niños y jóvenes? (in Spanish)
- BCONNECT@HOME: “Being Connected” at Home: Making use of digital devices in later life
- Older audiences in the digital media environment: A cross-national longitudinal study