The call for admission to the Doctoral Programme in Information and Knowledge Society of the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) in which the Communication Networks and Social Change (CNSC) research group participates, and the call for grant applications are open.
- Ageing in the networked society.
- Critical analysis of the datification of everyday life.
- Networked movements and politics after 15M.
- Technopolitical participation, innovation, and digital democracy.
The Doctoral Programme in Information and Knowledge Society was launched in the year 2000. It was among the first to be created in this field of research and the first to be offered entirely online.
This Doctoral Programme studies how Information and communication technologies (ICTs) have crept into all areas of human activity: culture, the economy, teaching, media, business management, public service management, and even the operational aspects of the political system and the profound changes they have wrought.
Thus, the Doctoral Programme in Information and Knowledge Society takes an interdisciplinary approach that combines both a variety of theoretical perspectives and several methodological tools. Specifically, it defines this interdisciplinary approach based on the relationship between the doctoral programme and the research conducted at the University in the various areas and topics the programme covers.
Below are the Doctoral programmes application deadlines for 2018/19 academic year:
- 1st December 2017: Start of the call for grants and applications for the doctoral programmes.
- 11th February 2018: Deadline for close of the call for applications.
- 15th May 2018: Resolution of the candidates who have been awarded a UOC grant.
- 1st June 2018: Resolution of the candidates admitted on to the programmes.
Image by UOC_Universitat © All Rights Reserved.