Loredana Ivan is associate professor PhD, at The National University of Political Studies and Public Administration (SNSPA), Bucharest, Romania. With a background in Sociology, she holds a PhD from the University of Bucharest, where she was post-doctoral researcher between 2011 and 2013.
She has been Marie Curie Scholar at the University of Groningen, Interuniversity Center for Methodology (ICS), in The Netherlands and visiting researcher at Humboldt University, Berlin, Department of Social and Organizational Psychology.
She is also a co-founder of the Research Group in Social Psychology at the Society of Romanian Sociologists (SSR) and a co-founder of the Social Cognition and Communication of Emotion Lab. The laboratory is a division of the Center for Research in Communication at SNSPA.
Interpersonal communication has been one of her main areas of study, and particularly, interpersonal communication mediated by technologies since 2012, combining sociological and social psychological approach. She worked together with Mireia Fernández-Ardèvol on several research projects on older people and mobile communication, using a comparative approach.
loredana (dot) ivan (at) comunicare (dot) ro
- ACT Project: Ageing+Communication+Technologies
- Understanding the Role of Internet Communication Technologies (ICTs) in Family Relationships with Grandparents
- Computer anxiety and older people: An exploratory survey in Romania
- Country Manager (MC) for the COST ACTION IS1402 Ageism: A multi-national, interdisciplinary perspective (a program financed by The European Commission)
- Emotional Competence and Interpersonal Evaluation
- ERA-NET–European project. FENCO: Scrutinizing the Impact of CCS Communication on the General and Local Public